The First Filk Edit
"Mary Sue Songs for Mary Sue Girls", based on the song "Jellicle Songs for Jellicle Cats" from the musical Cats, was popular enough to inspire the filking craze. The first stanza is displayed on the Sueniverse opening page:
Are there omens when you're born? Can you sing like a lark?
Can you look at Erik? Would you sit on his throne?
Can you say of yourself “I’m not afraid of the dark”?
Are you headed for rape…when you're walking alone?
Shows Taken From Edit
Among the shows that have been used are The Threepenny Opera, Sweeney Todd, Repo: The Genetic Opera, Elisabeth, Sweeney Todd, Cats, Rocky Horror, Rent, Chicago, Les Miz, and of course, Phantom of the Opera.
The Musical Cast Edit
In discussing an ideal cast to act out a musical version of the Sueniverse, a number of performers were suggested for certain parts:
- Irene Adler- Patti Lupone (Megan and Micaela insist upon Stephanie J. Block. Everyone should listen to them.)
- Dracula- Micheal Cerveris (Sarah wants Steve Barton. She never agrees with anyone Mira suggests. Megan, meanwhile, wants Terrence Mann.)
- Madame Giry- Idina Menzel
- Nadir- Hrithik Roshan
- Emmy Rossum- Herself
- Magda von Waldemann- Katja Berg (OBVIOUSLY)
- Mira Lovett-Bernstein- Cyndi Lauper
- Francis- Patrick Wilson
- Severus Snape- Carsten Lepper
- Micaela Heekin- A younger Kristin Chenoweth
- Megan Kroger- Lauren Molina
- CAPSLOCK!RICHARD- GEORGE HEARN
- Jonathan Crane- Manoel Felciano
- Steerpike- Máté Kamarás
- Mrs. Lovett- Patti Lupone, even if she's also playing Irene.
- Christine- Lisa Vroman
- Sarah's Der Tod- Máté Kamarás. Yes, double cast, dammit.
- Sir Percy Blakeney- Anthony Andrews (because Jamie knows no one else would play him better.) Emily suggests Meat Loaf for reasons which are entirely her own.
Queen of the Filks Edit
Because of her excessive use of this thread, Mira has been more than once proclaimed the "Queen" of filking. Her favorite shows to use for these purposes are Sweeney Todd and The Threepenny Opera.